Saturday, May 15, 2010

Food For Thought

(Written May 12, 2010)

I was riding in silence today
No radio playing
Just the sound of my thoughts
Reverberating in my ears,
My mental regurgitating events that
Were thought to have been digested & passed as waste

...because thats what they were...

A waste of time,
Energy and
Space

Tired of being force fed bull crap &
Being made to believe its a delectable meal
Tired of eating selfishness &
Being told its love

Well if this
...is love...
I'd rather starve

Rather go hungry &
Die of malnutrition,
Skinny & weak
With a little pot belly

Seems as though
No matter where I go to get food
...food for the heart,
Food for the soul...
It always ends up spoiled &
The place it came from with a low grade

Places need to be closed for business
Until everything is up to par because
While I never received four star meals here,
I refuse to eat where there are none

Thats how I got so sick the last time
Eating that which gave me no sustenance or value,
I got food poisoning that has me out of commission to this very day
I keep trying to eat whats healthy for me
But cant find that which is

Ones swear it's got to be me
...playing the victim...
Well I'm not gonna say what I want to
But I got two fingers for you,
If you catch my drift
You know what that means &
You know what you can do

And just in case you don't
Kick boulders,
Damn some rocks,
With no shoes.

I'm over it
Over this supposed love that
Keeps poisoning my thoughts & heart
I got the antidote though
It's me...and me alone

You can have this plate...
I'm getting up from the table.


*Living To Write...Writing to Live*

No comments:

Post a Comment