Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dear Jehovah...


I'm not sure how to approach You because...I realize that I am well over due for a conversation with You.  Even as I write this, I wonder if I am still in Your favor and if You will even hear me, let alone listen.  I know everyone doesn't have Your ear, I hope I am not in that bunch.

I feel weird because I chose today to approach You and converse with You...not that today is any particularly special day, it's just that yesterday I was bawling my eyes out and that was when I thought to speak with You.  For that I am ashamed because too many times, so many people only speak to You when they need You, never just to say hello or thank you or whatever other casual conversation one can have with The Almighty.  But Jah, I know not what else to do...I am at a loss.

Lately, I feel very much overwhelmed and quite honestly...I'm scared.  I'm scared that I haven't the strength to push forward any longer.  I'm scared I haven't the courage or the drive.  I'm scared I may be on the verge of giving up but I am also scared of failure.  Most of all...I am scared of Death and that haunts my dreams and thoughts regularly.  I am scared because I feel like I am rapidly approaching my end.  I'm not sure why I feel like this but I do.  Maybe because I'm supposed to be doing something else other than what I'm doing.  Maybe because I sense a coming, THE coming.  Maybe because I fear that I no longer have a place in Your heart.  It's probably, all of the above.

I don't know where I'm headed anymore, where I should be going.  I have no idea what my purpose is and quite frankly Father, I'm not even sure that I have one.  I know that we hold the keys to our own destinies, nothing is pre-written in our lives.  We walk and create our own paths.  I'm just not sure what I want my destiny to be, not sure what path I'm supposed to be on, what to believe or who to believe in.  I'm not even sure I can believe in myself anymore.  I feel so...useless...to myself.  And if I am useless to myself, then how can I expect to continue to be useful to others.  I mean, You blessed me with this charisma and this magnetism and this gift to pick up others and save them...I'm good at it...but I'm no good at doing the same for myself every time it's needed.  I'm not even sure I know how.  Plus, I'm tired, Jehovah...I'm really, REALLY tired.

What am I supposed to do?  How am I supposed to approach the rest of my life, however long "the rest" may be?  I don't know...I just don't.  I know that I just want to sit and wait sometimes to see what happens but I know that waiting will get me nowhere except stagnate and stationary.  I feel like I must keep doing but again...do what?  Because while good things come to those who wait, You don't help those who do not help themselves, You look after them but opportunity only knocks for those who work towards it right?  So what am I supposed to be working on?  What am I supposed to be doing?  What is my purpose?  I have so many questions...but maybe I will start with these....

Dear Jehovah...if You could be so kind to point me in the right direction, I would truly appreciate it.  I need to find my strength again, my courage, my drive...would You help me on my way, for I am at a GREAT loss right now.  To have fear is one thing but to allow it to hold me and keep me simply does not sit well with me because if I know nothing else, I know that I was not meant to sit still and be paralyzed by fear.  I know and have never doubted that You have kept me safe to a degree.  A lot of what I have suffered is due to my trying to direct my own foot steps, making stupid, hasty decisions and not looking to You for answers.  (I feel like in my saying this, I'm trying to sweet talk and swindle You but this is truly how I feel.)  There are many things that I want and need in order for life to be a little more comfortable for me...so that I am not stressed as I am right now.  But what I need most at this very moment, is an overwhelming settling...Peace...of my heart, mind and spirit.  Peace...strength....courage...and most of all, guidance because I just simply don't know anything anymore.

Please, Dear Jah...I need Your help and Your love....I need You to carry me through this because I'm not capable of carrying myself at the moment.  Please...I am begging You.  I hope that You hear me as I come to You as humbly as I know how...

In Your son's name I pray....
Amen

Oh and P.S. Father...Never mind...I'm sure You hear my panicky thoughts.  Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment